Monday, October 2, 2017

Corpsman Chronicles X: Reflections





I've had my head pulled in for a while now and have generally disengaged from the land of instant communication. There are reasons and perhaps I'll describe them at some point. I've been doing a lot of what good ol' Socrates suggested. I've discovered that, for me, too much instant information can be corrosive to growth, and my personal belief is that lack of growth is a death sentence for the soul. When I snap the tape I want to own the entire race and not be surprised when I look back and see stumbles. I want to own the good, the bad, and the ugly. I do not want to go gently into that good night singing the professional victim's anthem and blaming phantom oppressors.

Random images from 1985.






Night moves.

Look at dis firetruckin' guy!

Real sailors.



Up by the forward 03 BDS iirc.





5 comments:

  1. Old school. Love it.

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed ya. Stay well, keep the critters healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you as well. Stay well and drop us a line from time to time so that we/I can breathe easily.
    Call/text if there is anything I can do for you.

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete