Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Corpsman Chronicles V: More space stuff

But first, an update on my whining.

The ol' Achilles tendon is still sore, but much improved. Maybe the public whining did the trick. More likely it was simply time and rest. I tend toward whining when I'm resting injuries, but that's a poor excuse for inflicting it on you kind readers.

Anyway, space. If you can stand to slog all the way through there's something kinda cool toward the end, where it'll all (hopefully) come together.

So there was this:



And then there was this:


Same name, different location. Fallon, Nevada, to be precise. Found the image on the interwebs.
If you've ever done a Fallon det, you've probably done Pigs in Space. And that's more than enough on that topic.

So how did the promise of "more space stuff" devolve into this?

It all starts in my mind, I guess. I got an email earlier today with a subject line promising "Ammo To Space!" For some reason my goofy brain went into a pigs in space flashback, and that made me smile.

But I'm seriously digressing. Because this is really cool.

9mm Ammo for Sale with Free Shipping - AmmoMan.com

AmmoMan is an online ammunition store based in Newark, New Jersey. They've been doing this since 1998, pretty much the dawn of the interwebs. That in itself is pretty cool, and if you think about it, it tends to give lie to the progressive anti-gun narrative. If most Americans hated yucky-icky guns, places like AmmoMan wouldn't exist. Nor, by the way, would 88.8 percent of Americans own firearms. But I digress.

To those who hate yucky-icky guns and every poopy-head who doesn't agree with them. So to those folks I say,




I like the cut of AmmoMan's jib

I plan to purchase much ammunition from them.



5 comments:

  1. "Pigs in Space, Pigs in Space... Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time."

    I am waiting with bated breath to see how you treat on that subject!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to leave it at that, but I'm sensing a disruption in the Force. I suspect I'll have to do some splainin' to set things right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pigs in Space," heard of this, I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there. Would have been around 95. I am so glad this was written. My wife did not believe me about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were very cool times as I recall. I can't imagine the lives todays sailors lead. Just, I suppose, and the generation preceding mine couldn't imagine pigs in space. Well, maybe they could!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete