Tuesday, November 26, 2019

An incomplete morning snapshot





I'm gonna try to push this one out quickly, before the day really begins.

It began a bit like that old U.S. Army recruiting commercial. "We do more before 9 a.m. than most people do all day."



Actually I'm laying it on a bit thick. All I did was scoop a little bit of snow.



Okay, it was more than a little bit. But it wasn't a lot, either.



And it was enjoyable.



So while it's true that I did more physical activity in 45 minutes than most of my sexagenarian peers will do all week, it's certainly nothing approaching more than most people will do today. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines for instance. Probably more than most mud ducks though.

Now that the unilateral bee-essing is over, and to paraphrase my hero Sheriff Buford T. Justice, it's time to "Get yo ass to work you sombitch!"



Be well and embrace the blessings of liberty.




10 comments:

  1. Well, we have had/are having rain today; so that will likely manifest itself in some form of frozen water for you later in the week. I'm happy to read that you are able to do that strenuous work, but don't do so much that you go having a myocardial infarction on us. I always enjoy coming to your site. Give my regards to your mother and may you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Thanks for the post.
    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinkin' it'll be lead poisoning rather than an MI, Paul.

      Thanks very much and I'll pass that along. Same to you and your wife. Treasure the rain!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. An instant classic!

    Tell Nona she's a good dog, though I suspect she knows that already.

    Thanks for the post and the opinionating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarge, and I'll be sure to pass that along. Whether she knows or not I have no idea, but putting up with a master like me proves her eligibility for doggie sainthood.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Off to a good start on that globull warming there, Shipmate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, only that Joseph Vissionariovitch Bloombooger guy can save the universe now!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. We had a cheery sunrise that turned dreary and grey by 10am.
    Finally there are a few raindrops in a prelude to what one forecaster calls a "Bomb Cyclone."
    We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are like that. I can think of a few places forecasters should stick their bomb cyclones.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. The red house across the street is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty house. Quite a few of similar style around town.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting Scott!

      Delete