Wednesday, July 19, 2017

It's not all problems





I don't know about anyone else, but when I look away from stuff that is defined screechingly as "a terrible problem!" I can't help but notice that there are cool, wonderful things everywhere.

I see the bad stuff, Ireally do, but I don't see as much as many of my fellows seem to, perhaps because, a) I throwed away the tee-vee, and, b) because I look at the cool, wonderful stuff too.



Here's words to the hymn that the little girl sings in the video.


Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav’nly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev’rently
For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.

It's a Mormon hymn, published in 1961 by Clara W. McMaster (1904-1997).

Yes, there are problems in the world, but it's not all problems.

There is beauty and wonder and delight just about everywhere you care to look.

You have to look though.

Question. Is it better to try to force others to behave in a certain way, or to concentrate on developing, understanding, and behaving according to certain principles?

"Nother question. So you've "done your part." Are you done?




3 comments:

  1. WHOW, heavy man. I started re-reading Robert Heinlein's " Stranger in a Strange Land " last night. Your post fits right in with my understanding of what he was saying in that book.

    Thank you for another masterful post.

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book by a great writer (and Naval Officer). Heinlein poses good thinkin' questions.

    ReplyDelete