Saturday, July 15, 2017

Just a couple of flowers





Before I dug thistle I snapped a few pictures of flowers. Sunflower, wavyleaf thistle, and Scotch thistle.

Digging thistle is a heck of a good workout. I dug about 200 plants and it was a serious chore. It's the kind of thing that works pretty much all of your muscle groups. It's both aerobic and anaerobic, depending. The heart rate goes up and stays up and the sun beats down. It's a great thing to do, but I wouldn't want to do it all day, every day.

In the midst of serious work though, there are flowers.

I'm really lucky.

And tired.













7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There's no shortage of either work or purty in the world.

      Delete
  2. MAN! Miss one day ( ok, it's two now ) and see what happens. Please take care of yourself; I'm with OAFS, we want you around for a good long time yet. Looking forward to more eagle news.

    Nice flower photos; we took a new ( to us ) way home Saturday and stopped for my wife to take some flower snaps. Maybe I can get her to sent them to you, if you would like to see them.

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the heart, what will be will be. I'm doing what I can to keep it healthy and I think I'm out in front of it on the medical side.

      Love to see some flower images from your part of the world.

      Delete
    2. She said that she could send them in an email, but not today.

      Paul

      Delete
    3. Ok, I lied.

      PLQ

      Delete