Saturday, March 18, 2017

Four-Leaf Clover





Just a brief post today I'm afraid. It's just a teensy bit busy out today.

Yesterday was, of course, St. Patrick's Day. Today is the day of the Irish-American headache.

I do not have a headache for it's been some years since I took any form of ethanol into my system via my drinking apparatus. Which pretty much means, I believe, that while almost everyone is Irish on March 17, I am not. Don't qualify you see.

But I do appreciate the Irish and my Irish forbears, at least a couple of whom avoided the gallows long enough to procreate, else I'd not be here.

Yesterday we had three calves on the ranch, and filled with the spirit of Erin Go Braugh! (Ireland Forever or something like that) I decided to give the calves good Mick names. So here we have:
Donal
Fergus

Colleen


But wait, there's more!

Sometime after sunset another calf was born. I'm certain enough that she was born before midnight, so she makes the fourth leaf of the charmed four-leaf clover. Or something like that.
Sinead

Interestingly, a couple of days ago we had calf 715 born on the 15th of the month, and yesterday we had 717 born on the 17th. What are the odds?

Hope you all have a fine day. Don't worry, the headache will fade. :)

And btw, sometimes blogger refuses to get the caption fonts right. Just refuses. Bloody Mick barstid! Grrr!

6 comments:

  1. I too will often fight with Blogger over font sizes. Bloody thing has a mind of its own some days.

    Like I said over at koobecaF, nothing compares...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great one! I didn't even see that coming, further proof that I'm just not Irish. Or hip. Or cool. Or...

      Delete
  2. I, too, am not Irish. Likely not hip or cool either. But I like your posts.

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Norwegian, so I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day. While Lutheran myself, the local Catholic church and parochial school was Saint Patrick's. I associate St. Patrick with the hard working priests and nuns at St. Pat's, not with a day devoted to intoxication.
    So Fergus must be 718, then?
    You have some comely calves, there. Well Done, Those Cows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are at least two St. Pat's Parochial schools in the Panhandle. Fun people. Lotta kids.

      And yes, Fergus is 718. Mama was a bit grouchy and refused to pose nicely. I'll pass on you praise. Which I agree with.

      Delete