Monday, January 20, 2020

Slightly irritated





No big deal, just taking forever to move videos over from my phone. Which is one of the reasons I got the new camera, iirc. The phone also decides to turn a good number of videos sideways and upside down. The u2be editor used to let you fix that.

I should really just bite the bullet and learn how to edit. Or hire a geek kid. No, geek. I don't even talk that Greek shit.

##########

Very nice day for January here. Air temps hit 44 and the wind moderated a bit. It was clear and sunny.



My hike only went three miles today but a great deal of it was up steep slopes. I also did some fun glacier scrambling. It was a fairly light workout but it felt good.

##########

I super-glued synthetic rabbit fur over the mic holes on the new camera and on the phone case. Did I already 'splain that?




It seems to help with the wind noise. Doesn't eliminate it but tones down the worst of the screeching.

##########

Mom made bacon and eggs for lunch today and it was a very tasty meal of course. Should have made a picture but I spaced it off.

##########

And since my videos are still downloading and are therefore not usable for the post I intended to write, I'm afraid this is it for the day.

On the bright side, tomorrow's will have a couple of interesting videos. If I don't get abducted by aliens again.

Be well and enjoy the blessings of liberty.




10 comments:

  1. Playing with new toys is always kinda frustrating. You want to jump right in, then discover that perhaps checking the manual ain't such a bad idea after all. DAMHIK

    Red looks mighty pleased with the weather.

    Can't wait (though I must) for the videos, especially to see how the wind mufflers work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You'd think I'd have learned that by now! I'm constantly bathed in one of life's great mysteries -- why there's never enough time to do it right but there's always time enough to do it over!

      Red had a blast, and so did I.

      I'm going out to play now, and make a few more videos with the canon and new phone, and then see if I can't get them posted up.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting Sarge!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :-)

      And don't call me Shirley. ;-)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
    2. I thought I knew wind, and then we moved here.....YOW!

      Supposed to be really nice through the week. Methinks we could use some moisture, though.

      Delete
    3. It gets a little blowy from time to time! I'm starting to sweat spring rains as I always do in mid-January. I'll sweat until they arrive. I love life on pleasant January days but they also make me fear drought -- when it's too warm in winter it's often dry in spring and summer. So I'm crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, and sacrificing a lot of goats. :-)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting drjim!

      BTW, blooger doesn't shoot me an email when you comment for some reason, so if I miss one I apologize.

      Delete
  3. I like to shoot videos.
    I don't like uploading them to the Ytube.
    There used to be a pretty simple to use video editor around here on the PC.
    But it's disappeared into the ether or some other rat hole.

    Enjoy your Corpsman Chronicles.
    My stepson is retired now, but was an IDC on Tincans.
    His tales are relatively tame and his ship somewhat larger than the one in which I steamed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole videos on y2be is really pretty cool but as with everything else in life, it's not as simple as I'd like. I should learn to edit. I kinda-sorta know how and have the software on my computer. I should just bite the bullet and do it. Of course I should be taller for my weight. So one boolet at a time.

      My guess is that your stepson has some sporty tales. I may have a few more than normal because I went looking for train wrecks and found quite a few. But you can't be a corpsman involved in patient care without train wrecks finding you. Goes with the territory.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Dang, I missed the broken windshield ride along...
    I did fix bacon and eggs for dinner, so there is that.

    My grandson the college student after 8 as a corpsman, has some tales to tell, but only if he wants too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to remember to get video of the new one going in or the old one going out. Bacon and eggs, the meal of champions!

      This is the only place I share these tales, and I've only been able to unpack them after three decades and with many hours spent simultaneously at the keyboard and in the past. It can be tough slogging. They were all formative but it's taken years to process most of them properly.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting Brig!

      Delete