Monday, July 4, 2022

Independence Day morning garden update

 



Nature serves up a special brand of beauty. It's free for the enjoyment, but you have to do the work of looking and thinking and appreciating. Beautiful flowers erupting from needle-covered modified leaves against a background of blue sky and wispy white clouds. A lifetime of livin' lessons wrapped up in a single image.


The sign of Butcher Bird activity is beautiful too, in it's own natural way.

##########

The thunderstorm passed us by, but left a parting gift.


##########

At 6:30 a.m. the neighborhood kids were already setting off firecrackers. I tried to channel the old man yelling at Pronghorns but I couldn't pull it off. While old dude me has zero desire to paly with firecrackers today, I'm not entirely divorced with the 10 year old me who loved popping black cats early in the morning on the Glorious Fourth.

One of the delights of living in this neighborhood and often having the four and five year old hanging with me is that I've had the opportunity to meet all the neighborhood kids. Watching the healthy, happy kid play is delightful and reinforces the reality that human beings are indeed human beings. Grownups can take on the character of sci-fi BEM's (Bug Eyed Monsters), but kids are too busy doing important stuff to play that game.

Yesterday I had good intentions about making some stock tank maintenance video but I got caught up in the work and never got the video done. Today one of the plans is to take the kids out for some stock tank splashing and I will do my best to get some video and images of that.

Initial cleaning from a couple of days back.

And a bit of babbling on about the process.


PMCF with temporary float.

##########

And here's a glimpse of the garden on Independence day.


##########

Be well and embrace the blessings of liberty.




4 comments:

  1. FOUR for a score, or was that Four score and seven?

    Does everyone fill their stock tanks with dirt? I can see how that reduces the volume of water needed, and raise it to a level easier for the critters to lap it up. But, dang, that's a lot of dirt to get in there.

    Celebrating the Blessings of Liberty today!
    John Blackshoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twelve score and point three score? I need to do some 'splaining about our stock tanks. I don't know about others, but we don't add dirt. Nature adds algae and wind-blown dirt each year and I clean them out in the spring or early summer. I'll go into detail in a post if I remember to do so. Don't be afraid to prompt me! We had an awesome celebration yesterday and I'll throw up some images today (if I don't get abducted by aliens). Thanks for stopping by and commenting John!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And that's a good thing! Thanks for stopping by and commenting Frank!

      Delete