Thursday, January 1, 2015

Rung in, New Year, one each

And so it's 2015, just like that.

I've decided, by the way, to start blogging again.

The first blogging mistake I'll make is not having a clear mission statement.

I hate mission statements.

I'm a sovereign citizen of the United States of America. I'm a liberal in the same way our founding fathers were liberals. I'm a rancher and a businessman, a steward of the land, a thinker, a writer, a former sailor, a scientist, an observer and recorder, a people person comfortable with solitude. That's where the writing and the images will come from.

First things first, an homage to OldAFSarge. Here's an image of the adult beverage I rang in the New Year with. Tasty.  :)
I'm a party animal

2 comments:

  1. I've been going through your archives and realized that I had read this post back on New Year's Day but didn't comment.

    Awful of me, I know, given the homage and all.

    Your archives are brilliant. I plan on reading all of your old posts. Much magnificence there.

    You really have a talent Shaun. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, shucks, Sarge. That's very kind. There's a lot of crap back there too. Quite a lot of self-absorbed whining as well.

      Still getting snapped in and trying to figure out how to do this right. In the past I've typically just thrown stuff out there, which is fine but pretty egocentric. So I'm trying to write for the reader, too, which is probably an obvious thing to do but which I've never really worked on before. I see that my seven seconds post attracted 10x the page views of anything else, so I should probably write more sea stories than I'd planned. We'll see how it goes. Again, thanks.

      Delete